- Index to Creationist Claims – A fairly comprehensive guide to common creationist claims and the scientific responses to them.
- Flood Geology – These pages cover the many problems with Noah's flood. The first one on the list is especially good.
- 29+ Evidences for Macroevolution – Presents many converging lines of evidence that all point toward common descent.
- Transitional Fossil Vertebrates FAQ – "There are no transitional fossils" is practically a mantra to creationists, but in reality there are hundreds.
- Fossil Hominids – Presents an enormous amount of fossil evidence for human evolution.
- All About Archaeopteryx – Creationists hate archaeopteryx because it's so obviously transitional between dinosaurs and birds. They try to claim it's "fully bird," and this page shows why they're utterly wrong.
- Observed Instances of Speciation – The creationists love to say that speciation has never been observed, but this page makes it clear that those who claim so are either ignorant or dishonest.
- Lies, Damned Lies, and Probability of Abiogenesis Calculations – This page demonstrates why creationist calculations relating to the origin of life are totally disconnected from reality.
- Irreducible Complexity and Michael Behe – Irreducible complexity has a sort of superficial appeal to it. This page shows why that's as far as it goes.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
The TalkOrigins Archive
The TalkOrigins Archive is perhaps the best internet resource on the topics of creationism and evolution. Here I'll go through a few of the best pages on the site, though I may expand on some of these in future posts.